Customer Support Product Lead
What The Position Entails:
The Product Lead role for Omatic is critical to the success of the company as a lead on Omatic products for customers. Our mission is to delight our customers in their use of our products and services. This role focuses on customer satisfaction by serving as a subject matter expert for Omatic products, championing the voice of the customer, and connecting Customer Support, Product Management, and Product Development teams.
Responsibilities will include assessing customer needs, triaging customer issues, and escalating issues, as appropriate, to Product Management and Development for efficient issue resolution. The Product Lead is a trusted advisor to our internal team members and our customers for best practices and issue resolution. Serving as a senior product knowledge expert, the Product Lead often acts as a translator between developers and end-users.
The Product Lead should be comfortable working across multiple teams, functions, and stakeholders to enable consensus, alignment, accountability, and action. They act as a champion of our customers, while balancing the business limitations of product development and upgrade prioritization. This role requires strong troubleshooting skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, people and resource management skills, and success leading without direct authority. Critical in this role is the ability to bring forward the voice of the customer, which requires an understanding of customer needs and customer experience.
The Product Lead takes an active role in internal training, both on troubleshooting techniques and product functionality/updates. Their goal is to equip the Support team to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot customer issues n and partner with the Product Lead on escalations that require assistance from Product Development or other departments.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work with Product Development team to learn about new product features or fixes
• Provide product knowledge support for all CX teams (Professional Services, Support, Customer Success)
• Act as an escalation point for Support for all product related issues
• Identify trends in customer issues and communicate root cause to Product team to influence product roadmap
• Organize internal communications and disseminate relevant information on a bi-weekly basis (in line with sprint schedule) to ensure all teams are informed and collaborating
• Lead internal triage meetings to ensure customer-reported issues or design requests are prioritized appropriately
• Assist with training new Support hires and provide continuing education for our Support team
• Act as the escalation point for our largest customers including setting up and engaging with these customers on scheduled phone calls as needed
• Create internal training and documentation
• Advise on customer-facing documentation
• Ensure that all product and performance issues submitted by Support are accurate and contain all required information
• Review and duplicate potential product and performance issues reported by Support prior to filing them for Development review
• Serve as an advocate for Customer Support and the customer in all product-related meetings
• Other duties, as required
What You Will Bring to Omatic:
• Strong foundation knowledge of Omatic products
• Self-motivated learner with the ability to self-manage advancing product knowledge
• Knowledge of Source Systems (The Raiser’s Edge, BBCRM, Luminate, Salesforce) import and/or data migration processes
• Proven Source System expertise; expertise in other products a plus
• Time Management including scheduling, task management and the ability to work with multiple customers/issues simultaneously
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to identify and target needs, define technical concepts, and provide guidance to a variety of skill levels
• Attention to detail with a strong ability to organize, manage, and execute work as assigned
• Technically savvy
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining a positive and teamwork oriented attitude